I have a soup for dinner, everyday, from Autumn to Spring. I always blend it and cook it quite thick.
My easy way to watch and balance my daily diet is to eat home made soup. It’s also my own way to limit chocolate, cookies and ice-cream damage!
Vegetable soup is healthy, vitamins full, rich in fibre, nourishing and it allows to obey easily the 5 vegetables a day rule.
I’m always stunned to see people buying ready made vegetable soup cartons at supermarket.
Why don’t they cook their vegetable soup on their own?
These cartons are rich in additives and preservatives, over salted and expensive.
Why do so many people buy these industrial ready made soups???
Vegetable soup is so pretty simple to cook!
You can keep it up to 4 days in fridge, so, you have to cook it only twice a week. If you’re practically minded, whether you work out or you’re snowed under with work, you’ll enjoy this detail per sure!
This vegetable soup recipe is rich in vegetables varieties (spinach, turnip, leek, carrot, kale, lettuce, green beans, onion, garlic and potato) but you can turn it on your own way according to the vegetables you have in fridge and freeze.
You can use any other such as cauliflower, zucchini, celery stick etc.I’ve especially enjoyed my own soup combination of the day and that’s why I’ve decided to share it in this post.
My little fad: I add a spoon of low-fat heavy cream in my plate and I sprinkle curry powder. Love these combo flavors!
Ingredients 6 servings
- 500 gr Frozen spinach
- 200 gr Turnips
- 1 Big leek
- 500 gr Carrots
- 10 Kale leaves
- 12 Lettuce leaves
- 2 Onions
- 1 Garlic glove
- 200 gr Green beans
- 300 gr Potatoes
- Curry powder and heavy cream (optional)
- Peel onion and garlic. Chop them roughly.
- Peel turnips, removes roots and cut in 4.
- Remove roots and the fibrous outer old leaves from leek; Cut in 2 lengthwise, chop roughly and wash.
- Peel carrots and slice them.
- Wash kale and lettuce leaves and chop them roughly.
- Peel potatoes and cut them into chunks.
- Add 2 L water, cover and bring to a boil. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, blend and add salt as taste.
- Optional: Add curry powder and heavy cream as taste.