Chanterelle mushrooms sauce is a recipe for you, whether you are a gourmet or you are fed up with pasta with butter or with tasteless food. This sauce tastes best if you serve it with red meat and vegetables but this sauce goes also well with any side dish such as potatoes mash, chips, pasta etc. We use to cook this creamy tasty sauce at home as soon as my son finds them in our Provencal hills.
Avoid to reheat it, so, if your meat is not ready to serve, just cover the saucepan to keep the sauce warm.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 200 Gr Fresh chanterelle mushrooms
- 10 Gr Butter
- 400 Gr Double cream (15% fat)
- Salt and pepper
- Cut mushrooms feet and remove gritty parts
- Brush mushrooms heads or wash them quickly with water and vinegar. Remove them quickly from water (these mushrooms lose their flavor in water)
- Place immediately mushrooms heads on kitchen paper to dry them
- Preheat a saucepan with butter over low heat and add mushrooms feet
- Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes and add mushrooms heads. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add salt and pepper as taste and stir
- Increase to high heat and deglaze with 360 ml water. Stir and cook for 2 or 3 minutes
- Reduce heat and add double cream. Stir and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes (double cream must be hot and totally combined with mushrooms)
- Add salt and pepper as taste and stir again
- Serve meat and cover with sauce. Yum!