I’m not a meat big eater and when I’m alone at home, I never cook any piece of meat. I enjoy soups, vegetables gratins and mixed-salads so much!
But…I also have a very bad eating habit which is to prepare chocolate-based meals (Am I allowed to call that meals???…).
I try to fight against this bad eating habit but the chocolohic I am has craving for chocolate and on some days, this turns to impulse more than conscious act.
Well, at the moment, my son is at home and he needs balanced meals.
When I employ myself to cook balanced meals, I miw proteins with vegetables and starch. Most of the time, I’m inclined to cook beef or eggs as proteins rather than pork.
So, today is a fancy cooking day as I’ve bought some pork at butcher’s.
I’ve had some knowledge about the way to cook this pork and it will be a creamy curried pork, simply served with rice:
A very easy but flavorful dish!
I’ve used mild curry to cook it. Mild curry is refined and that’s why I usually use this one in my cooking.
Imagine pork meat browned, meat juice deglazed with water, mild curry mixed with heavy cream and poured into the deglazed meat juice to get a fabulous curry flavored creamy sauce…
Can you smell it?
I’ve bought pork shoulder to cook this creamy curried pork but you can also cook this recipe with pork fillet or pork loin.
I’ve used a Basmati rice but you can use any other, that’s as taste!
Want to try out the creamy curried pork recipe?
Here is the detailed recipe…
Ingredients 4 servings
- 500 gr Pork shoulder or fillet or loin
- 1 Table spoon olive oil
- 10 gr Mild curry (3 tea spoons)
- Half a Parsley bunch
- 2 Garlic gloves
- 20 cl Shippable cream
- Thyme (4 pinches powdered thyme)
- 300 gr Rice (Basmati)
- Cut pork into large chunks.
- Pour 1 table spoon olive oil into a pan, preheat the pan, add pork and thyme. Brown meat on each side over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Deglaze with 40 cl water and lower heat.
- Mix 10 grams mild curry (about 3 table spoons) with 20 cl shippable cream. Pour into the pan, stir, cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel garlic gloves, wash parsley leaves and chop thinly.
- Add garlic and parsley, stir and simmer over low heat for 30 more minutes. Add salt as taste.
- Remove pork chunks from pan and cut into small slices or chunks (about 1 cm dices)
- Cook rice according to your package instructions.
- Serve rice toped with pork and sauce.