Black olives tapenade is a traditional French Provencal recipe. Ingredients are different according to families. I’ve been testing several combinations for a while and the best and the most tasty one is the one I share with you today: garlic, olives, olive oil, anchovy, butter and olive oil, a clever combination of tastes… Spread it on toasts and eat it as an appetizer or add it in a pasta tomato sauce, use it in any recipe as a condiment!
You can keep it up to 1 month in fridge in a closed jar.
Ingredients (4/6 servings)
- 1 Garlic clove
- 160 Gr or 30 Pitted black olives (stewed with olive oil and herbs)
- 1 Handful thyme
- 12 cl olive oil
- 40 Gr soft butter
- 20 Gr anchovy paste (or 4 anchovy fillets)
- Pepper as taste.
- Peel garlic clove
- Place garlic and olives in the herb mill (or in an electric mixer bowl) and chop very thinly
- Place the mixture in a bowl
- Add pepper as taste, thyme, anchovy paste and soft butter. Stir
- Add slowly olive oil while stirring, just as for a mayonnaise
- Once all ingredients combined, the tapenade is smooth. Add a bit olive oil if necessary
- Cover and place in fridge or serve it right away with toasts
- Heavenly when served with a glass of fresh rosé wine!